Food & Drink

Friday, March 27, 2009

Why are you still supposed to wash Banana peels before eating a banana?

I was watching that show The Doctors this morning and it said that you're supposed to rinse your banana's before eating them. Why? that doesnt make sense since you're not eating the peel



I have never done it and did not know it was necessary. It would be interesting though to know. You could send a mail to them and find out the reason for it.


I will still peal and eat my banana as I always do it, except of course, if it was full of sand, which would be on my hands as well. The only way to avoid contaminating my banana would be to wash both banana and hands.




I've never done it, but if someone with some sort of expertise said that, my guess is that it would have something to do with pesticides. Pesticides even when skins are washed, can still get into some fruits and vegetables. I always buy organic, so I don't have that worry.




I have never done it, and im not about to start now. no germs can get to the banana with the peel intact, so it doesnt make sense




never have never will. i dont chew on the peel or anything. pointless to rinse && have a wet banana on the go!




That doesn't makes sense. That's just strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment