Food & Drink

Thursday, April 2, 2009

What is the red dipping sauce that you get at chinese restaurants with the drop of hot mustard on top?

I always get this sauce with fried shrimp. I'm trying to find a recipe for it, but don't know what it's called.



Some restaurants serve plum sauce that way, or sweet and sour. I'm betting on plum, though


Depending on the restaurant and the brand, the plum sauce can be brownish, or sort of red in color.




I ama former chef and worked in Asia, and here in Toronto Canada when I ask for chili sauce that is what I get, in other country's I am not sure what it is, I have never gotten mustard in mine, other than sweet and sour sauce I am not aware of many other "red" sauces.




It might be sriracha. it is a garlic-chili hot sauce that comes in a bottle with a rooster on the front of it.




To me it tastes like regular Ketchup with Hot MUSTARD on top.




its sweet and sour sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment